(Fundraising & International Coordination)
Starting date: as soon as possible
Organization: Humanium France or Humanium Switzerland
Work location: online, remote work
Contract: 60-100%, 6-months contract, renewable in a permanent contract
Since 2008, Humanium co-creates sustainable change to realize children’s rights worldwide.
On a global level, Humanium monitors children’s rights developments, and makes them accessible and understandable to the largest number of people, so they can share them easily.
On a local level, Humanium implements children’s rights and empowers strategic partners and every willing human being to become a change agent, who works to ensure that every child is loved, develops her or his full potential and is integrated into the community.
Humanium developed its fundraising with volunteers only. Now, Humanium wishes to professionalize its activities and an interesting opportunity has shown up for a Development Officer with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
Humanium works in an online collaborative working environment. The Development Officer will work remotely and its position can be located either in Switzerland or France (due to local labour law of our legal entities).
Reporting to the President, the Development Officer is responsible for supporting fundraising efforts of Humanium in Switzerland, France and Germany.
The Development Officer will work closely with our local NGO partners and the other team members, mostly in the area of individual giving, grant requests and reporting.
The role will be involved in all stages of the fundraising cycle from identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and stewardship.
The Development Officer main priority will be to create and implement an engagement strategy for public and private sources of funding, with a focus on midscale and major donors, foundations, corporations and governments.
Overall coordination, planning and guidance
- Provide vision and innovation to the development of Humanium’s fundraising strategy
- Coordinate and execute strategic plans and programs that increase fundraising capacity
- Recruit and train interns/volunteers and delegate tasks
- Oversee the communication with donors and potential donors
- Ensure coordination with our local partners
Ensure a winning gift request activity
- Create a winning fundraising plan
- Identify/develop funding sources and find opportunities
- Identify and prioritise project/service funding requirements, in the short, medium and long term
- Develop gift request strategies
- Write gift/grant request proposals
- Set, monitor and achieve realistic income and expenditure targets
- Generate sufficient funding sources to meet or exceed set goals
Ensure and implement an effective stewardship
- Follow up / document communication
- Donor reports
- Collaborate with the communication team to establish a regular and compelling communication cycle for individual donors (mailings, newsletters, social media posts) and provide content material for the communication needs
- Manage the recognition process for individual donors, including drafting and editing thank you letters
Systems and Processes
- Utilize CRM to accurately track and record all opportunities and actions
- Coordinate CRM team activities
- Support administrative tasks as required
- Collaborate on other projects and manage expectations
- Participate in other department meetings
- Work closely with board members and committees
- Ensure the management of the team and other overall management tasks if requested
- Studies in a relevant field preferably in communication, fundraising or development/ humanitarian work.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English essential
- German and Spanish are assets
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position is required
- Experience of managing projects with multiple contributors and complex requirements
- Experience and proven success in the research, preparation and delivery of applications and tenders
- Existing fundraising network within Switzerland, France or Germany an advantage
- You are a passionate writer, and are able to convey convincing messages to different audiences
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You feel comfortable in a small and dynamic team, are motivated by new challenges, have a flexible mind-set, a can-do attitude and like thinking creatively
- You are an excellent team player, enjoy working with people from different cultures, and also enjoy taking on responsibility, demonstrating autonomy and proactivity
- You have strong interpersonal and representation skills and are able to relate with different stakeholders
- Awareness and sensitivity working with other cultures
- Good persuasion and negotiating skills, with the ability to motivate others
- Ability to travel for maximum 2 weeks within the 6-months term
To apply please send your CV and covering email stating your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org