Bilingual Fundraising Intern (FR-EN)
Remote internship, via Internet
Starting date: immediately or to be determined
Length of internship: minimum 6 months
Location: remote internship, via Internet
Time commitment: between 60% and 100%.
Founded in Geneva in 2008, the Humanium association acts in favour of a world where children’s rights are respected, protected and applied. The association co-creates lasting change to realise the rights of children around the world. In the field, this translates into partnerships with local NGOs to support and implement projects for child protection, development, survival or education.
As part of the development of its advocacy and awareness-raising activities on children’s rights, Humanium is looking for a bilingual fundraising intern to work under the supervision of the Development Officer.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Search for new sources of funding: research, identification of new donors and updating of the acquisition database, in particular on the theme of advocacy and children’s rights, participation in the preparation of funding application files, solicitation and follow-up of requests.
- Call for donations from the general public and organisation of fundraising events: preparation of fundraising campaigns on social networks in collaboration with the communication trainee, including petition campaigns.
- Administrative management: updating of donors database; drafting of correspondence; managing a mailbox and any other useful tool.
Education and experience
- Master or postgraduate degree in: International Cooperation and Relations, International Development, Humanitarian, Human Rights
- Languages: perfect written and oral skill of French and English language. Knowledge of the Spanish or German language will be considered a plus
- Computer and Internet: mastery of basic software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet, database management tools such as CRM and social media
- Previous experience in project management: fundraising at headquarters or in the field are considered a strong asset
- Knowledge of the international development community and NGO work a plus
Remote internship requirements
- This internship is a non-remunerated professional training, a university agreement or/and a contract will be concluded between Humanium and the trainee
- Great capacity of working independently and with integrity
- Great sense of responsibility and ability to take initiatives
- Ability to work alone and in a virtual professional environment.
- It is essential to have constant access to a broadband connection. A poor or low speed Internet connection is insufficient to complete the training.
- Own your own computer and have a solid knowledge of basic computer tools and the Internet
- Although the communication tools used allow an almost constant connection with the team by chat, email and phone calls or videos, the training will be carried out by the intern on his/her own; it is therefore essential to be particularly methodical, organised and motivated. Similarly, time management skills are essential.
Advantages of the remote internship
- The internship to be carried out from anywhere in the world
- Flexibility in the pace of work and in the organisation
- Savings in time and money for all involved: no need to travel to a training location