Remote internships, via internet
Coordination and communication intern (EN- SP/GER)
Starting date: Immediately or to be determined
Length of internship: Minimum 6 months
Location: Remote internship, via internet
Time commitment: Between 24 and 40 hours per week, flexible
Founded in Geneva in 2008, Humanium is working for a world where children’s rights are respected, protected, and applied. The association helps create lasting changes to realize children’s rights in the world. On the global level, Humanium monitors the evolution of children’s rights and makes them accessible and understandable to as many as possible so that they can easily pass them on. At the local level, Humanium implements children’s rights and develops the skills of strategic partners and of every person who decides to become an agent of change, who ensures that all children are loved, develop their full potential, and are integrated into their community.
To support its activities online and in the field, Humanium is looking for bilingual coordination interns.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Administrative management: Manage email accounts @contact, @volunteer and @project, update database of contacts, register and evaluate new volunteers
- Internal and external coordination: Coordinate and manage interns’ action list, coordinate volunteer translation and editing tasks based on the needs of the team
- Outreach and communication: Write and update factsheets on various topics and countries, publish content on Humanium’s social media accounts
- Other tasks as assigned
Education and experience
- Master’s or postgraduate degree in: Management, international development management, international relations, international development, or humanitarian studies
- Languages: Written and oral fluency in English and Spanish or German
- Computers and internet: Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet, database management tools (CRM) and social networks
Requirements for the remote internship
- This internship is unpaid professional training; a university internship agreement and/or a contract between Humanium and the intern will be established.
- Very independent and disciplined.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work alone and in a virtual professional situation.
- It is indispensable to have constant access to a high-speed internet connection. A bad or slow internet connection is insufficient for the internship.
- Have your own computer and be proficient in common computer programs and the internet.
- Attendance at team meetings every Wednesday is required. The rest of the time is flexible.
- Although the communication tools used allow nearly constant contact with the team through chat, email, telephone, and video calls, the internship is nevertheless carried out alone. Therefore, it is essential to demonstrate systematic procedures, organization, and motivation. In addition, it is important to adhere to a schedule.
Advantages of the remote internship
- Internship can be done anywhere in the world.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Saves time and money for everyone: the remote internship makes it possible to avoid travel to the worksite.
- You are able to work from home and it is possible to complete the internship part-time, particularly if you are also pursuing a degree or if you need to have a paying job at the same time as the internship.