Remote internships, via internet
Research Internship (EN – FR)
Starting date: Immediately or to be determined
Length of internship: Minimum 6 months
Location: Remote internship, via internet
Time commitment: Between 24 and 40 hours per week, flexible
Founded in Geneva in 2008, the association, Humanium, is striving to build a world where children’s rights are respected, protected and applied. The association co-creates sustainable change focused on the realisation of children’s rights throughout the world. On the ground, this involves forging partnerships with local NGOs so as to support and carry out projects aimed at protecting children, their development, their survival and their education.
As part of the development of its projects, Humanium seeks bilingual research interns.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Involvement in Research: Conducting research on the situation of children’s rights worldwide, drafting web content for Humanium including country pages, factsheets, and blog and social media posts
- Administrative management: Manage email accounts @contact, @volunteer and @project, update database of contacts, register and evaluate new volunteers
- Other ad hoc tasks
Education and experience
- Masters or postgraduate training: Cooperation and international relations, international development, humanitarian studies, communication, marketing, business school
- Languages: excellent command of both written and spoken French with proficiency also in English, Spanish or German being an advantage
- Computer and internet: full proficiency in standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), using the internet, management tools for CRM type databases and social media platforms
- Other: strong critical thinking skills, attention to details, excellent research skills, excellent writing and editing skills, ability to write in a clear and concise manner
Requirements for the remote internship
- This internship is unpaid professional training; a university internship agreement and/or a contract between Humanium and the intern will be established.
- Very independent and disciplined.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work alone and in a virtual professional situation.
- It is indispensable to have constant access to a high-speed internet connection. A bad or slow internet connection is insufficient for the internship.
- Have your own computer and be proficient in common computer programs and the internet.
- Attendance at team meetings every Wednesday is required. The rest of the time is flexible.
- Although the communication tools used allow nearly constant contact with the team through chat, email, telephone, and video calls, the internship is nevertheless carried out alone. Therefore, it is essential to demonstrate systematic procedures, organization, and motivation. In addition, it is important to adhere to a schedule.
Advantages of the remote internship
- Internship can be done anywhere in the world.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Saves time and money for everyone: the remote internship makes it possible to avoid travel to the worksite.
- You are able work from home and it is possible to complete the internship part-time, particularly if you are also pursuing a degree or if you need to have a paying job at the same time as the internship.