Volunteer opportunity – Web editor
- Duration of commitment: minimum 3 months
- Location: remote volunteering, via Internet
- Work load between 4 and 8 hours per week, flexible
Responsibilities and key tasks
Humanium seeks volunteers who are native speakers of French, German, English and Spanish to edit and optimize the contents of its website to improve the experience for its 5 million annual visitors and positioning with search engines.
The volunteer will assist with promoting children’s rights around the world by editing, publishing, and drafting articles, country sheets and theme sheets on our Internet site.
The volunteer will be principally responsible for:
- Editing the pages and articles on the site;
- Drafting theme reports and articles related to children’s rights.
Training and experience required
- Writing skills: ability to edit and write reports;
- Mastery of written French, English, German or Spanish and high-level command of at least one of the other languages;
- Mastery of technology, familiarity with WordPress CMS helpful;
- Previous experience in web editing;
- Mastery of communications theory a plus;
- Deep interest in children’s rights.
Specific requirements for remote volunteering
- This opportunity is for a volunteer position and therefore will not be compensated.
- A great deal of independence and discipline.
- A great sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work alone and in a virtual professional environment.
- Must have consistent access to high-speed Internet connection. A poor Internet connection or slow speeds will not be sufficient for completion of the work.
- Possess personal computer and solid command of Internet-based technology tools.
Are you interested? Send us an email with the subject line “Volunteer opportunity – Web editing” along with your CV/resume to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org