Mutual Non-disclosure Agreement
the Organization Humanium (the Owner) which is based in Versoix in Switzerland, of the one part,
the volunteer (the Recipient), of the other part,
(together the Parties).
1. Purpose: Within the development of its activities, the work of the Owner involves the collaboration of volunteers, in order to secure the rights of children and to create sustainable and fair development (the Purpose). In connection with the Purpose, and the protection of victims, aid beneficiaries and the various stakeholders and defenders of Human Rights, the present agreement shall guarantee that all information exchanged between the Parties will remain confidential unless otherwise noted.
2. Confidential information: Confidential information means any information disclosed by either party to the other party, either directly or indirectly, orally, by writing, computer tapes and other electronic media, sample and verbal communication or by inspection of tangible objects that the disclosing party identifies as confidential or proprietary.
3. Permitted use: The Recipient shall commit themself:
- to receive, handle and store documents in a confidential manner;
- not to use these documents, directly or indirectly, for any aim other than that of the Purpose;
- not to divulge any information to any person or entity prior to any official communication from the Owner.
4. Exceptions: The obligations of the Recipient as stated in Article 2 shall not apply to information that:
- was in the public domain or was accessible to the public at the time of disclosure to the Recipient;
- has received prior written consent from the President or Vice-President of Humanium.
5. Ownership and no license: All of the disclosing party’s confidential information shall remain the sole property of the disclosing party. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to grant any rights to either party under any patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of the Owner.
6. Terms: This Agreement shall be effective as of the Effective Date and shall remain in force until all information shared with the Recipient has entered the public domain.
7. Modification of the agreement: This Non-disclosure Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties as to the confidential information. No amendment or modification of this Agreement shall be valid or binding on the parties unless made in writing and signed on behalf of each of the parties by their respective duly authorized representatives. It shall not be altered or amended except by written agreement signed by the Parties.
8. Miscellaneous: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Switzerland. Any suit to enforce this Agreement shall be brought exclusively in Geneva.